Monday, March 14, 2005

SES - Second Everything Syndrome

Here are my most recent cast-offs:

One clog, not yet felted:


One mitten:


I learned how to make this Norwegian mitten at an all-day knitting workshop, led by Beth Brown-Reinsel (author of Knitting Ganseys). It was a wonderful workshop and I learned a ton. It was also the first time I had been gone from Marty all day - from before he woke up in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon. Rob took great care of him, even if he did give him cinnamon toast. He even got him down for a nap!

Back to the mitten: look at the palm!


The thumb shaping is a bit off, so I will be re-working it. And here's a shot of the back of the thumb, which I love:


Now with one clog and one mitten, you'd think I'd be working on the second of one of those pairs, right? Not me! I cast on a ribbed sock with my lovely Koigu, and couldn't be happier! I'm using my new 5" DPNs from doublepointed.com and am thrilled with the way the shorter needles stay out of my way. I'm also thrilled with the color selection of this Koigu:


So here I am with one of everything, and nothing to wear!

1 comment:

Eugene Short said...

Appreciate you blogging thiss