Monday, March 21, 2005

Cute for a Granny

I was so excited to make these littles cuties, after seeing them discussed in a knitting forum, that I ran to Joann's to buy some yarn:



They are egg covers for plastic or Cadbury eggs. I used Paton's Divine to make the bunny soft and fluffy, but used something much less expensive for the chick - not sure what it was, but I'm sure it's acrylic. The eyes, pompoms, and pipe cleaners were super cheap. I was planning to make a whole family of them, but lost heart a bit when my mom saw them and remarked that they were a bit old-ladyish. Are they? I still think they are cute, but don't giggle quite as much every time I pass by them.

Instead of making more egg covers or finishing one of my pairs of something (did I mention I also have one slipper that I made about 5 months ago?), I cast on the Dale cardigan. I loved doing the colorwork chart from the Norwegian mitten workshop, and felt much less intimidated by this cardigan. I'm a bit concerned that it is puckering too muhc, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can pull the stitches into place and that blocking will solve all. I've gotten through all the grey and a bit of the khaki - about 6 inches so far:

No comments: