Friday, August 24, 2007

Ta Da!

Finally, I am unveiling the beaded bridal bag that I knit for my sister-in-law. I am more proud of this bag than anything else I've made; although this was not the most-difficult project I've ever knit, it was the most laborious, enjoying, and completely dazzling thing I've ever done. The pictures cannot do it justice, but here they are.

First, the lining. What a royal pain this was! I had to do it twice because the first time, I used a nice trim that ended up making the lining to thick and the clasp wouldn't snap. So I did a simple machine stitch and it is just fine:


The handle was the only part I didn't do myself. I was going to use a chain but couldn't find one that matched the vintage look of the purse frame. I had an experienced beader do whatever she wanted, and she did a wonderful job:


Did I mention that my kid was the ring bearer? He did a great job and was absolutely adorable. I was sure that he'd cartwheel down the aisle or toss the ringbearer pillow up in the air. Instead, he walked nicely down with a great smile, not too fast and not too slow, and went straight to the groom to hand him the pillow. Precious. Halfway through the ceremony, he was heard by all as he asked, "Are they married yet?" He was perfect.


So here is the entire purse in various poses:




The frame is lovely. A replica of a vintage frame, I chose it for the hearts embossed in it:


By the end of the night, the ring bearer collapsed on the floor and put his pillow to good use:

2 comments:

AllyB said...

That is the most beautiful bag I have ever seen! Bravo!

heather t said...

You should be proud - that is gorgeous! I like how it kinda looks like a wedding dress. (Unless that was the point. In that case, it looks exactly like a wedding dress.)