Friday, July 20, 2007

Progress!

So many FO's - I'm so excited and I don't know what to do with myself!

I blocked the cardigan and sewed on the buttons:


I used the "Neckdown Summer Cardigan" pattern from Knitting Pure and Simple. The pattern was great. If I ever knit it again, I'll narrow the sweater a bit on the waist. It feels a bit wide there, but I like the fit otherwise. The yarn used is El D. Mouzakis Super-10 Butterfly mercerized cotton. It was awful to work with - so slippery and miserable - but it comes in great, fun colors. (Funny aside: someone on knitlist-ads was selling what I thought was this same yarn and even though I hate it, I still bought the yarn. It was $1/ball, how could I resist? I was so happy and surprised when I opened the box and it was some other cotton yarn!)

Then, I cast off the Lucy bag (from Two Old Bags). It still needs to be felted but it's cute:


You close the bag by pulling the long handle thru the short handle. I think I'll embellish it with one of my cute animal buttons and give it away!

I've also finished the sleeve of the Berlin sweater. I'm using Ultra Alpaca and I love the yarn. (There is a mistake in the sleeve, and and some point I have to rip back about 4 inches of the sleeve. But I'm waiting til the sting goes out a bit. Maybe you can see the mistake in the picture.)


THEN (Yes there is more!) I cast off the Swallowtail shawl. I love it and can't wait to block it. I used the new Addi Turbo lace needles and they were great. I was able to make the nupps with ease. The yarn is Malabrigo laceweight and it's so soft. I'll post more pics after I block it, but here it is on the lawn:


On to new projects! Going to spend the weekend converting the yarn room back into the guest room, and I'm sure I'll come across a project or two to cast on =)

No comments: