Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ann Arbor Turkey Trot, November 25, 2010

Hey I ran a 5k on Thanksgiving morning! It was a well-run course on the U-M campus. Weather was 38 and raining. My brother and his GF Midge ran it too.

Course was a bit hilly and started with a downhill; I went out way too fast and even with a walk break up a hill I finished the first mile in 10:29. Got my act together and finished the race in 33:29 - a 5 minute PR for me and an overall pace of 10:55. I've been trying to get my pace into the 11's so this was a huge deal for me, much more so than the PR.

Midge took first place overall female. We embarrassed her by cheering insanely at the awards ceremony - she'd rather quietly take the plaque and leave early.

Then I went home and cooked Thanksgiving dinner for 11 people. An awesome Thanksgiving, for sure.

1 comment:

Dar said...

Aw, I should have said something on your post. But dad and I were probably preparing part of the meal!