Thursday, September 06, 2007

Patiently waiting

* You signed up on July 3, 2007
* You are #12990 on the list.
* 1707 people are ahead of you in line.
* 18101 people are behind you in line.
* 36% of the list has been invited so far


I actually didn't sign up for Ravelry right away... I was there, I could have, but thought, nah, I'll wait til it's open to all. A month later, I went back and did sign up and am still waiting, patiently. I want to go there and see what people are making. I want to see if anyone else has knit the Berlin sweater from Simply Knit 3. Because I am having a problem with it. I wonder how long it takes to get 1707 people in?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ravelry also has a blog where you can also check progress. I think last I read that they are trying to get 2000 people per week signed up, so it could be very soon.

Or, you could do what worked for me and a few others - schedule a trip out of town. The morning you have to leave, your Ravelry invite will show up.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I did a quick search for you, and there were no matches for "Berlin sweater" or "Simply Knit 3." You might try gooogling it.

And here's an update from Ravelry: "The servers came last week. If all goes well, I'll be able to set up and install them this week and some of our current users can test things over the weekend. Once that is done, we'll be able to send out invites faster. We won't quadruple the invitations (as promised) until we take care of a few things - there are several *very* frequent questions and problems that new users run into and we have to tweak the site a bit so that we don't drown in thousands of messages and forum posts."

HTH!

MiRM said...

Thanks for checking Tinky! I haven't had any luck googling the Berlin sweater either. But Charlene at Stitch in Time did knit one, so I know I can check hers out in person when I go to class on Tuesday. But still, where's my immediate gratification? Crazy to consider that not everyone who knits something takes a picture of it for the Internet, isn't it?